Robotics, Drones, and STEM Showcase
Robot and STEM Demonstrations and Activities for all ages
Play (and learn) at Valleyfest Robotics and STEM Showcase at CenterPlace Regional Event Center. This FREE event, brought to you by Exploring Families and Events On Fire, will entice all ages to engage in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) plus robotic and drone activities. Participants include:
- SpokaneFPV (First Person View), the premier drone racing group in Spokane, will highlight the top pilots in the Inland Northwest Area.
- Eastern Washington University is sending some of their best and brightest engineering and design students to showcase a few of their latest projects.
- Robosprout, the 3D printing company, will bring life size items that they have designed and printed. You won’t believe what they can create!
- Spokane County Library District will bring all their Snap Circuits! Building with electricity is exciting!
- K12 of WA and ID, which are online public schools, will feature their best of STEM fun.
- Fred Stahl, of Partners For Science, will once again show off his popular pets: Madagascar hissing cockroaches, one of largest species of cockroaches! He always brings a plethora of science fun with him wherever he goes, including his hands-on roller coasters for marbles.
- We all know drones are amazing and fun, but who knew they were educational too! PCS Edventures/Thrust-UAV of Boise will demonstrate their new Discover Drone STEM program. PCS Edventures is a leader in education technology with their classroom, after school, home learning, and digital learning products for K-12 students.
- Robotics students will showcase robots they have designed to play – come experience for yourself and interact with robots! Observe several types, sizes, and shapes of robots from local high schoolers, some as big as refrigerators, featuring awesome students from Lewis & Clark High School, Spokane Valley Tech, and West Valley High School
See you all at CenterPlace Regional Event Center on Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m!