Rules and Descriptions:
1. Individual line novice (beginner): choreography to be danced “vanilla”. no variations of choreography. Example: if add full spin where choreography calls for quarter turn you will be disqualified. Total of 4 routines. Routines are 32 counts and will be posted prior to competition with instructions and demo. 4th routine will be used in case of tie breaker. 3 initial routines will be drawn day of competition! Have all 4 prepared.
2. Intermediate/advanced: choreography may be varied after 1st completed wall is danced “vanilla”. Ex: may add more spins, flare, etc to the music and while keeping rhythm. Four routines will be a minimum of 32 counts and may include tags and restarts. Choreography will include beyond basic footwork. Routines will be posted prior to competition with instructions and demos. 4th routine will be used in case of tie breaker.3 initial routines will be drawn day of competition. Have all 4 prepared!
3. Country swing novice (beginner): this is a NO COUNT partnered dance. No Jack ‘n Jill this year. You must have a partner for the competition. Novice category includes no lifts of any kind. Feet must not leave ground. Songs will be released prior to competition for you to practice ahead of time.
4. Country swing intermediate/advanced: this is a NO COUNT partnered dance. No Jack ‘n Jill this year. You must have a partner for the competition. This category allows for safely performed lifts and non beginner dancers. Songs will be released ahead of time for you and your partner for practice.
5. Open swing: includes but not limited to west coast swing and east coast swing. Songs will be released prior to the competition.
1. Musicality and Rhythm: how well are you moving to the music and beat. Do your movements go with rhythm changes and how well do you move with the choreography
2. Partnership (swing): how well do the dancers perform together in unity and in sync?
3. Accuracy/footwork: judges will look for errors, correct footwork and placement, bodily control.
4. Enthusiasm: have fun and smile!!!!
5. Costume: does your costume of choice fit to the song and dance? Is it appropriate for the style and audience? Keep things PG. NO EARRINGS OR LOOSE JEWELRY. Sequence ok. Boots required for country songs and dances.
6. Team line: team preparedness, costume choice, uniqueness and creativity, choreography, timing of movements in unity. 1 song must be country. Others may be non country. Please submit music of choice to host 48hrs prior to competition. If unable to, please message us.