Miss Spokane Valley
The Miss Spokane Valley Court Program provides an opportunity for outstanding young women to be recognized for their achievements, as well as, participate in Valleyfest and other events as appropriate.
Goal: Represent and be an ambassador for Valleyfest and Spokane Valley.
Court Selection Date and Time:
Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Deadline for contestant’s paperwork and pictures must be postmark by February 28, 2018.
Send to: VALLEYFEST, PO BOX 368, Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Miss Spokane Valley Candidate Paperwork
Application Checklist – PDF File
Miss Spokane Valley 2018 Candidate Bio – PDF File
Miss Spokane Valley 2018 Candidate Agreement – PDF File
Miss Spokane Valley 2018 Permission Info Letter – PDF File
Miss Spokane Valley 2018 Photo Release Form – PDF File
Event Date Notes: Dressy semiformal. Friends and family welcome. Please come prepared with:
- An approximately 5-minute talent presentation. This can be a short performance, presentation, video, etc. of any sort of talent or passion that is uniquely you.
- A short speech based on the prompt “What does Spokane Valley mean to me?”
- Expect to answer various impromptu questions about yourself while onstage.
Expect the judges to be watching posture, presence, confidence, and communication skills.
Dresses for royalty will be provided by the program and its supervisors after induction.
Benefits of the Program
- Gain valuable experience and develop life skills that will benefit your everyday life (i.e. interview skills, public speaking, interpersonal communication, social interaction, etc.);
- Scholarships awarded after completion of the Miss Spokane Valley royalty duties;
- Create awareness of your potential strengths and increase your self-confidence;
- Find new interests and discover new opportunities;
- Make lifelong friendships and relationships with your peers, as well as other generations;
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by using your free time in a positive and constructive manner;
- Learn to set goals, follow them through, and exceed your expectations;
- Develop a sense of responsibility for helping others;
- Foster a positive, self-motivated mindset to achieve your goals; and
- Receive recognition for your efforts in bettering yourself and your community.
To become a contestant, the student must:
• Be a full time female high school Sophomore or Junior, currently residing within Spokane Valley and will continue to live within these boundaries until Coronation 2019
• Have accumulated and will maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0 at the time of application based on a 4.0 system, good citizenship, and school attendance
• Never been convicted of a crime.
• Refrain from possessing, selling or any personal involvement with alcohol, marijuana or any controlled substance, or non-prescription mind, personality or mood altering substance from the time I sign this document through my tenure as royalty or ambassador.
• Will not use or possess tobacco products while representing Valleyfest and Spokane Valley.
• Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by Valleyfest.
Events Miss Spokane Valley will participate in if chosen.
Valleyfest Auction – May 4, 2018
Spokane Valley Cycle Celebration – July 29, 2018
Valleyfest – September 21, 22, 23, 2018
Parades – Throughout the summer
The Rotary Club of Spokane Valley Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
City of Spokane Valley Park and Recreation – Santa Breakfast
Other Community Outreach Events