Valleyfest Children’s Foundation
The Valleyfest Children’s Foundation is made possible with a grant from Umpqua Bank.
Enriching the Lives of Children in our Community
The Valleyfest Children’s Foundation provides small grants to enrich the lives of students interested in pursuing an activity in arts, culture, science, sports, or math. Grant applications are due the 1st day of the month (September-June) and submitted by the student’s school counselor.
The grants are intended to support student success with financial support to do something their family might not otherwise be able to afford, such as:
• Tuition for music, art, dancing, or drama lessons
• Tools for learning such as calculators and art supplies
• Fees for summer school or camps
• School supplies, clothes, or yearbooks
• Equipment for sports, music or other activities
Valleyfest aims is to give elementary, middle and high school students the chance to participate in activities not typically funded by other organizations. Proceeds from the Pancake Breakfast and Classic Car Show held annually during Valleyfest in September fund this program.
• Money awarded for activities that enrich our community and align with the Valleyfest mission: The Valleyfest mission is to showcase the talent that enriches our community. To give exposure to the visual and performing arts, education, science, and recreation to those children and families who might otherwise not have the means to experience them.
• Grants allocated for up to $200 per student per year (with a $600-lifetime limit).
• Students need to be eligible for free or reduced priced meals under the National School lunch/breakfast program
• Students must be in grades K-12 and attend a school in Central Valley, East Valley, West Valley or Freeman School Districts.
• Grant applications submitted by the student’s school counselor and are due the 1st day of the month (September-June) to the Valleyfest office.
• Applications are reviewed one the 10th day of the month.
• Funding for multiple grant applications received for the same camp/program will be limited to 3 per year.
• Grant funds are awarded in the student’s name directly to the provider (not a student or parent).
• Submit one hard copy to the Valleyfest office or email to email@example.com
Contact Valleyfest at P.O. Box 368 Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Office Phone: (509) 922-3299
501 3(C) non-profit organization