Each year, the Valleyfest Children’s Foundation provides small grants to enrich the lives of students interested in pursuing an activity in arts, culture, science or math. The grants are intended to support student success with financial support to do something their family might not otherwise be able to afford, such as:
- Tools for learning such as calculators, art supplies and craft supplies
- Fees for summer school or camps including POP Warner, EVHS summer camp, Art camp, John Hopkins Summer program, Gymnastic lessons/camp and Horsemanship lessons.
- Tuition for music, art, dancing or drama lessons
- Tools for job preparation or job-related needs
- Equipment for sports, music or other activities
Our aim is to give elementary, middle and high school students the chance to participate in activities not typically funded by other organizations. Proceeds from the Pancake Breakfast and Classic Car Show held annually during Valleyfest in September fund this program, as well as a grant from Umpqua Bank.